Friday, June 7, 2013

Visual Studio Update fixed flickering bug

Today I happened to start Visual Studio 2012 for an indirect reason and it told me there was an update for NuGet availible.  I let the update install... and then restarted and....   the horrible flickering and endless instability were gone.  

This behaviour has been paralysing my use of Visual Stuido for months.  I guess I can finally get back to the job I have had on hold... once I finish all the others that have filled the vacumme. 

Whoot!

(So, in hind sight... I guess its been the best part of 18 months since I have been able to make meaningful progress on that job due to all the f@#% ups with Visual Studio, Win7/8 and the features that were missing and finally showed up in service pack 1.  While my disgust knows no end... I have been using a bunch of other developement tools recently and know just how polished VS really is... despite some of its crippling flaws)  What a frustrating life we get to lead....

No comments:

Post a Comment