Sunday, December 15, 2019

Trying to Fix Windstad Manor with Deletes

So I have a problem with Winstad Manor where I have two sets of walls active on the main hall.

I have loaded the save and gone into the hall, used the console to select the wall that I think should not be there.  Then used the "Disable" console command.  Nothing much happened.  I then exited the hall, went outside, then re-entered the hall. 

Problem.  It would appear that the object I targeted was infact the door, not the wall.  The door is now gone.

Ok,  tried again on the wall.  Select, disable, exit cell, re-enter... still there.  It would seem that there are different properties on some of the major geometry.

Need to try markfordelete.  Wish me luck.

So, after some trial and error:

Right hand lower floor wall
(030126a0) is the wall with doorways (keep it)
(03012053) is the wall without doorways ( markfordelete)

Left hand lower floor wall
(030126c1) is the wall without doorways (markfordelete)
(030126b2) is the wall with the doorway (keep it)

Rear lower floor wall
(030126a2) wall without doorways (markfordelete)
(03012054) wall with doorway (keep it)

Right upper floor wall
(03012679) wall with doorways (keep it)
(03012051) wall without doorways (markfordelete)

Left Upper floor wall

I did not need to fix this as I had the greenhouse wing which does not use the upper floor wall.  So I can live with having two walls if they are there(I suspect they are.  Same with multiple foundations)

(030126c0) wall without doorways (markfordelete) if you need it

Rear Upper Wall
(030126a1) No doorway (markfordelete)
(03012052) Doorway.  (Keep it)


The easy way to do this is to simply open the doors and select the wall that is in the door way. (obvious in hindsight..)

So that is all the unwanted walls removed from Windstad Manor for me.  Save a good save file and move on to hacking at Lakeview.

Additionally, some hacking that I have done recently has caused a coffin to appear in the cellar at Windstad Manor.  It think it was when I was fiddling around resetting the house build quests.  I think one of the stages represents you being a vampire. 

Anyway,  select coffin in the console, markfordelete.  Reload the cell and its now gone.  Finally I can invite the dudes from the Dawnguard over for Nord Mead again without them getting all suspicious...

No comments:

Post a Comment