Monday, July 18, 2011

Two types of interesting

http://spectrum.ieee.org/static/hacker-matrix/

The content in this article(?) is interesting but there are a couple of other novel aspects to it as well. 

The first aspect that I found interesting is that this is an novel way to present a literature review on a particular topic.  Displaying a simple graphic summarising the literature is both elegant and engaging.  It asks me the question, "Do I agree with the placement of the nodes in the graph?" "What are the extreems in the graph? Can I think of anything more extreme?".

The second aspect is to have made the graph clickable and in so doing, created an interesting sorted menu ( in 2 dimensions) of topics I may wish to further examine. Again, this is novel and engaging.

Good information design, presentation and analysis all rolled into one simple graph.

No comments:

Post a Comment