Monday, April 26, 2010

Archive from 23_4_10 - Long time no type

Hi Anyone,
Weeeelll... its finally done. I am now moving toward a new job. The position has been classified by the classification committee and ... well lets just say that its not for me. It has taken me a while to come to terms with the result and to accept that its over. Today was another closure moment for me.
The word "Irony" keeps coming up in my internal dialog but not in an Alanis way... more like sad and broken way. There are so many projects on the go here that I have not been able to complete (or in some cases start) that I would have liked to throw a week or three at. However, its not to be. And that is quite depressing. I finally had a good position with good tools and resources and no bloody time to get anything done.
I honestly spend the bulk of the week doing technical administration and finally on Friday when it gets quiet about 4pm I can spend an hour or so actually doing what I feel is core work. "Frustration" is such a short word to describe a concept that has so much effect.
Air conditioning has just clicked off so it must be 5pm. Time to move on to other things.
My computer at home has dead with a single bloated capacitor on the motherboard. One lousy cap... probably cost 30c to replace. That being said the mobo is probably getting on to being a few years old now. Such is life.
Another thing that is bugging me is a corrupt reminder in thunderbird/lightning. It will not die.

Time to go. Must get back in the habit of blogging. Very cathartic.

No comments:

Post a Comment