Monday, April 26, 2010

First!

Like any good blog... this one needed a first post. Trivial but essential.
The purpose of this blog is essentially to take my blogging off the machine at the Uni that it has lived on for three years and move it into the cloud. I may be leaving my current employer and I don't really want to try to put this on another fragile host somewhere. Essentially its time to bite the bullet and stop avoiding cloud services. Just to add insult to injury, my workstation at home has finally blown a capacitor on the mobo. So I have hacked together an antique Compaq p4 and mounted the drives from my old machine via an external IDE to USB interface I scavenger from an external CD drive. Its crude but functional.  Actually, I really like these old Compaq machines. They are indestructible.  (True I have had to cannibalize a couple to get one working but in general they just work.) Even the drivers on the Compaq page at HP are still in place and reliable.

First job is to copy the archive of my old blog.  Onward....

No comments:

Post a Comment