Monday, November 7, 2011

Working in the cloud

http://yieldthought.com/post/12239282034/swapped-my-macbook-for-an-ipad

While this guy is a few steps ahead, it's definitely something I am thinking about. I have been experimenting with some cloud services and seeing how they can either complement what I am doing or totally replace them.  So far I am still anchored to a desktop at work and a laptop in between.  To much data and too many heavy weight apps still holding me down.  I also need horsepower for some tasks that is not replaceable with a cloud service yet.  It would be nice to be able to VNC into a remote server somewhere and request something like the Adobe suite or 3ds max be installed, then do my content creation... but at the end of the day I would still need to push the resulting media to a disk host somewhere and pass it to my clients for approval... not insurmountable but still not feasible.  Especially across the Uni network here.... be nice though.

No comments:

Post a Comment